Restaurant Review: Plats
The first time I went to Plats was for an anniversary dinner. While the dinner was special too, Plats took my breath away. Since that night, I have been going back more and more often, and it is the first name on my recommendation list when people ask me the top places to eat in Delhi.
Created by Chefs Hanisha Singh and Jamsheed Bhote, Plats boasts of some of the tastiest dishes, a beautiful yet intimate atmosphere and recently, some great cocktails. The talented chefs are also the founders of Overeasy in Saket and Chard burgers, the latter which has some of the most amazing burgers in super soft brioche buns. Plats highlights global cuisine, with an emphasis on European techniques and this restaurant review is testament to its chefs.
After eating there a bunch of times, I will highlight some of the must-try dishes that you need to check out in this food review:
1. Charred Young Broccoli:
Served with a red chili sambal romesco sauce and a grilled lime & peanut chili crumble.
This is a terrific combination of textures and flavours. The tender broccoli pairs well with the romesco which also adds a nice heat to the dish. It’s light and a great summer bite.
2. Shroom Buns/ Liver Parfait Buns: These to me feel like the veg/non veg version of a similar dish- but an outstanding one, nonetheless! These delicious buns are filled with a soft mushroom/liver pate and the texture interplay is fab. The onion jam with the liver buns is tart and adds an extra tasty element to the dish.
3. Chicken Wings Stuffed with Shrimp: These Korean style chicken wings have an added yum factor when it comes to the shrimp inside. Made with a Gochujang glaze, these are finger lickin’ good.
4. Smoked Pork & Chorizo Dumplings: These are served in a spiced tomato & chorizo broth with bacon crumbs. The smokiness of the dish comes through quite strongly, which to me was a bonus.
5. Salmon Ceviche (Special Menu): This was a refreshing bite, that offered a nice palate cleanser before the main course.
6. Grilled Tenderloin Steak: The piece de resistance, and my absolutely favourite steak in the city. Served with a decadent and umami bone marrow crust, mashed potatoes, greens and a truffle jus, this is a standout and one plate I am happy to keep returning for.
7. Coconut and Mango Panacotta (Special Menu): I’m not big on dessert but my friend is so we ordered this. It was a great ending to the meal, and a fruity yet not overly sweet bite.
All in all, Plats stands out to me as one of the most superior restaurants in the city. Its focus is on quality and the fact that it has not gone down the over-expansion route is a testament to its vision to serve high quality and well-curated dishes. A great romantic restaurant, this is also a perfect choice for a night out with a special someone.
While the cost for two is on the higher side, it is worth it.
Lola/Meetali give it: 4 and a 1/2 noms out of 5
Cost for 2: approx. 2,500 per person